CalendarsSalem-Keizer Master Calendar
Bell Schedules2017-18 Bell Schedule
AB Block schedule for 2017-18 - English
AB Block schedule for 2017-18 - Spanish
Building MapBuilding Map
A Brief History
SOUTH SALEM HIGH SCHOOL
MONDAY, November 20, 2017
• The 64th Annual SnoBall is Saturday December 2nd. This year’s theme is “Passport to Paris” and promises to be an exciting evening. SnoBall tickets are on sale now at www.SnoBallSalem.com or at Mr. Formal, Bridal Gallery or Lollypops & Roses. Tickets will be SOLD AT SOUTH ONLY on Wednesday, Nov. 29th both lunches in the Upper Commons, $30.00 per ticket or $50 for both. Be sure to check the website if you have any questions.
• On Wednesday AFTER Thanksgiving, we have 2 great college visits. A former Saxon will talk about how you can get FREE college through military academics or ROTC, and juniors and younger students are especially encouraged to attend. Cornish School of the Arts will talk about their program in visual art, music, and theater. Sign up for either or both presentations in the ASPIRE Center Rm 234.
SENIORS: Portland State will be at South on Thursday, Nov. 30th for an on-site instant admissions event, followed by Oregon Tech on Dec. 6th and Oregon State on Dec. 12th. You MUST have a GPA of at least 3.0 and ACT or SAT scores to participate. Sign up for any or all these special events and be sure to complete your application online.
SENIORS: are you planning a health care career? Kaiser Permanente will be awarding a scholarship worth at least $2000 to the top applicant from South High. You must begin your application by Dec. 6th (earlier is better) and submit it by Dec. 13th. Details are available in the ASPIRE Center Rm 234.
• South is participating in the first annual Salem-Keizer Service Competition, teaming up with the Salvation Army. Each school logs in the number of hours students volunteer to RING BELLS from November 24th – December 23rd. Individuals, students, staff, families, clubs, groups, programs, classrooms, or teams are invited. Sign-up in the Leadership office. See Mrs. August with any questions.
• Join South High’s Performing Arts Department for their production of Disney’s The Little Mermaid showing in the Rose Auditorium at 7pm on December 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 7th and at 2 on the 3rd and 8th. Tickets are $12.00 for Adults and $10 for students & senior citizens.
• MONDAY Parent/Teacher conferencing – 4:35-7:20pm
TUESDAY Parent/Teacher conferencing – 7:30am-10am; 12-3:15pm; 4:30pm-7:30pm.
NO CONFERENCING ON WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22nd - BUILDING IS CLOSED!