CalendarsSalem-Keizer Master Calendar
Bell Schedules2016-17 Bell Schedule
2016-17 High School AB-Block Calendar
Building MapBuilding Map
A Brief History
SOUTH SALEM HIGH SCHOOL
FRIDAY, February 24, 2017
• 1st round OSAA playoffs for Boys Basketball are Tuesday, February 28th @ 6pm at Tigard High School. OSAA prices are in effect $6.00 for Adults and $4.00 for students. NO ASB or passes will be accepted.
• Spring sports start on Monday– get your BLUE CARDS for tryouts/practices in the Main office. NO BLUE CARD NO Spring sports!
• Attention Saxon Women’s Tennis players: there is a players/parents meeting on Tuesday night, February 28th from 7:30-8:30 in the North Library. Plan to be there!
• Girls Tennis: come dressed down, ready for practice, to the Little Theater by 2:45 on Monday. See Coach Marshall with questions.
• Boys Tennis: team meeting Monday @ 4:30pm in the North library IF raining, Bush Park IF dry! Anyone can play, NO experience necessary with our no cut policy.
Must have a blue card.
• Monday, February 27th we are hosting two college visits. Central Oregon Community College in Bend will share information on their gorgeous location, easy access to outdoor activities, and beautiful new residence hall. Chemeketa’s CAMP program will descript their scholarship and leadership opportunities for students whose families work in agriculture and fisheries. Sign up for one or both in the ASPIRE Center.
• SENIORS- VERY IMPORTANT!! Do you have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5? If so, you are eligible to become a Chemeketa scholar, a valuable scholarship equivalent to tuition for up to two years at Chemeketa Community College. This scholarship is on top of nearly free tuition through Oregon Promise. Stop by the ASPIRE center in Rm 234 for details on what you need to do in the next two weeks to apply!
• Two new scholarships have just been established for graduating students @ South: one is for students who have been in Foster or Family Care, and the other is for students who are planning a career in helping professions such as medicine, teaching, counseling, coaching, etc. Stop by the ASPIRE center for an application, due March 15th.
• Seniors who are working on the OSAC scholarship application: our registrar has uploaded transcripts for everyone who has started an application and correctly selected South Salem HS. However - most students’ applications have not yet been submitted. You must click on the “submit” button by 5pm this Wednesday, March 1st to have your applications considered!!
• FRESHMAN LINK – bowling night March 16th- 6-8pm first 50 guaranteed a spot - $6 – see Mrs. Forsythe in Rm 203 with any questions.
HAPPY BIRTHDAYS TO: Parker Cepeda – Angel Cervantes Ruiz – Samantha Mock –
Jonathan Potts – Joanna Tan