CalendarsSalem-Keizer Master Calendar
Bell Schedules2017-18 Bell Schedule
AB Block schedule for 2017-18 - English
AB Block schedule for 2017-18 - Spanish
Building MapBuilding Map
A Brief History
SOUTH SALEM HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
JV2 Girls Soccer @ Oregon City Field #8 TODAY at 4:00. Teachers please RELEASE the girls at 2:00 for their bus leaving South from the student parking lot gym side of the building at 2:15. Don’t be late.
Cross Country meet vs. McKay and West Albany at 4:00 at Lower Bush Park.
• A huge thank you from the Volleyball program for all the student support at our match against Sprague last night. We even had to pull out another set of bleachers! All 3 teams won with freshman winning 3-0, JV 3-1, and varsity 3-2 for a sweep of the Olys. The varsity team is now 7-0, and all alone at the top of the GVC! Congratulations and keep up the good work! The team travels to Forest Grove TOMORROW for their next conference match.
• Tryouts for Saxon Dance are September 27th & 29th from 3:45 to 5:30 in the Annex gym. If you are interested in trying out, come to the Main office to pick up form.
• Saxon Softball! There will be a softball informational meeting TODAY during A lunch in Rm 205 and B lunch in Rm 252 for all girls interested in playing this year.
• Anyone interested in joining the Speech and Debate team? There is an informational meeting in Rm 251 on Tuesday, Sept. 26th in Rm 251 after school. Any questions, see Mr. Smith.
• Come check out the South Rocketry Club! We are located in Rm 117 and meet every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:20-2:50.
• South Salem Bowling team meeting on Sept. 30th @ Firebird Lanes @ 2pm. Please bring parent or guardian to the meeting. All are welcome and no experience is necessary. Sign up in the Main office-athletic counter.
• College visits for next week: University of Oregon, Oregon State, and Corbin are all visiting on Monday; Gonzaga in Spokane is visiting on Tuesday, and Linfield and Evergreen State are visiting next Wednesday. Stop by the ASPIRE Center in Rm 234 to sign up for any of these visits, plus many more this fall.
• Some big-name colleges are hosting a group presentation in Portland next Monday, Sept. 25th @ 7pm. The event is at the Doubletree Hotel near the Lloyd Center, and will have representatives from Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berekley, and Vanderbilt.
• Seniors (and juniors who may graduate early): please plan to attend the Financial Aid night next Wednesday, Sept. 27th @ 6:30pm in the North Library. The ASPIRE program & Western Oregon University are working together to present information in English and Spanish, which will get you ready to apply for financial aid for next year’s college or trade school. Your parents are strongly encouraged to attend!
• Outdoor School begins next week – act quickly if you want to be an Outdoor School Student Leader this fall. There will be a training for new Outdoor School Student Leaders this Thursday, Sept. 21st at North High at 6pm. If you can’t make it to the training at North, there will be another training here at South on Wed., Sept. 27th. For sign up cards, visit the Counseling Office.
HAPPY BIRTHDAYS TO: Chloe Elmore – Rocio Lopez Castillo