IB General InformationIB Overview
Diploma vs Certificate
TOK / CAS / Extended Essay
South's IB Courses
IB vs A.P.
Incoming 9th Grade InformationImportant Dates
Teacher Recommendation Form
IB Summer Reading
Grade 11-12 Information2018 Exam Fee Informational Letter
2018 Exam Intent Form
2018 Exam Schedule
International BaccalaureateContact: Chuck Chamberlain
phone: (503) 399-3252
- Students must be enrolled in and take exams in each of the 6 prescribed subject areas.
- At least three but no more than four courses must be at the Higher Level (240 hours)
- Satisfactory completion of:
- The Extended Essay (4000 word research paper).
- CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service) requirement of 150 hours.
- The TOK (Theory of Knowledge) course.
- A total score of 24 points must be achieved on all 6 external exams.
- Exams are scored on a scale of 1-7 with additional points awarded for the Extended Essay and TOK assessments.
- Must score 3 or above on all HL exams.
- Any student who decides not to pursue the full diploma program is eligible for an IB Certificate in any of the individual subject area courses. Students must complete the required internal and external assessments and receive at least a 4 or above on the exam(s).